The need for voluntary certification comes from the desire of the consumer to be sure that the product or service meets not only the safety criteria that are confirmed with obligatory certification, but also a certain number of quality indicators, as well as in the guarantee of compliance with the parameters stated in the advertisement or accompanying documentation.
Parameters that can be verified with voluntary certification can comply with national or international standards, technical conditions, contract conditions, and may exceed them.
- What is the SMART voluntary certification system?
- This certification is at the request of the manufacturer, the seller or the buyer;
- These are tests that make it possible to significantly expand the concept of quality in comparison with tests with obligatory certification;
- This is the choice of the manufacturer, what indicators of the quality of your product or services most interested consumers to declare for conformity assessment;
- This is the provision of complete and reliable information for the buyer about the state of products and services.
- What is the purpose of the SMART voluntary certification system?
Currently, in the conditions of a wide choice of goods and services, not only their advertising, but also worthy quality, confirmed by an independent party with the corresponding system mark, will ensure consumer confidence in manufacturers and service providers, and will determine the increased demand for such goods.
- Advantages of certification in the SMART voluntary certification system
- Voluntary certification is one of the main tools of market regulation of quality and competitiveness of products and services.
- Certification minimizes the risk of supplying substandard products and services.
- Accuracy and reliability of testing samples / samples of products in accredited laboratories is an integral part of the voluntary certification procedure. The test reports can be used by the applicant when he applies the declaration procedure using the third party materials as an evidence base for obligatory conformity assessment.
- The applicant receives independent and most reliable information about the quality of his products or services and can more effectively promote his trade brand in the consumer market.
- What does the SMART voluntary certification system mark look like and when is it used?
- The visible difference between certified products and similar, not certified, is the application of the SMART conformity mark for products, packaging, and accompanying documentation. This sign informs the buyer that the product purchased by him meets the quality requirements specified by the manufacturer and indicated in the marking.
- The applicant / manufacturer is given the opportunity to use the certificate and the SMART mark for advertising purposes and to increase sales of products.
- The SMART mark supplements the mark of circulation on the market, which obligatorily marks products falling under the technical regulations, and with regard to imported goods, the CE mark.
- The SMART mark is used to indicate the conformity of product quality with the declared requirements and indicated in the certificate.
- Russian and English mark designation
An organization with a certified management system may use the SMART mark separately or in combination with other conformity marks, but it must be clearly stated that it has been certified and which certification body has conducted certification.
It's recommended to visit