Certification audit of management system is carried out in stages:
- Appointment of competent group for certification audit in accordance with the declared area (order of the head of Body on appointment);
- Development of audit plan for applicant (goals, criteria, scope, audit timing, role and responsibility of audit team members);
- Preparation of group for audit (familiarization with the applicant's documents, normative and legislative requirements, drawing up of check-lists for the recording of detections during the audit);
- Verification of compliance of the applicant's management system with the requirements of the standard on-site. Receipt and verification of information on the functioning of the management system is carried out through the analysis of the applicant's documentation and records, interviews with responsible persons, monitoring of processes and activities. Audit findings are analyzed by the audit team and communicated to the applicant at the final meeting. Non-conformities, if identified, are formalized in the form of non-conformities reports and remain with the applicant for work on their closure (non-conformities report, preliminary audit report);
- Nonconformities closure (assessment of corrections and corrective actions effectiveness);
- Audit results (final audit report);
- If the result is positive, a conformity certificate is issued to the applicant.